Outdoor Adventures for Every Season
If you’re an outdoorsy person looking for your next adventure, this is the blog post for you! We have a whole list of suggestions for outdoor activities during each season that you can do in Pocahontas County.
- Go birding as the songbirds move in at our county and city parks.
- Stay at one of the multiple campgrounds in the county.
- Rent a cabin for an evening stay at Straight Park in Fonda and Meredith Park (locally known as Plover Pit) near Plover.
- Enjoy a round or two of disc golf at the course in Laurens and Fonda.
- Discover the hidden treasures by geocaching throughout Pocahontas County.
- Take a dive and go for a swim at our local swimming pools.
- Kayak or canoe on one of the lakes in the county, like Lizard Lake or Little Clear Lake.
- Go fishing at a county park, and consider pairing it with camping!
- Hit a round of golf at the courses in Fonda, Pocahontas, Laurens, and Rolfe.
- Experience a slice of old-time history at the Wiegert Fall Fest at Wiegert Farmstead!
- Explore a new area with your four-legged friend.
- Walk, run or bike the trails in Pocahontas, Laurens, and Rolfe.
- Go hiking at Whitetail Ridge or Swan Lake.
- Spend a night at a cabin or campground and enjoy stargazing on the cool evenings.
- Canoe or kayak at a different lake in the county!
- Locate the historical site for Old Rolfe.
- Hunting seasons start up. (Check with Pocahontas County Conservation for more information.)
- Discover the many barn quilts throughout Pocahontas County.
- Cross country ski down the Three Rivers Trail.
- Bundle up for a day of ice fishing at Moore Recreation Area.
- Snowshoe at the Laurens Prairie Preservation Trail or Feldman Park.
- Find a suitable hill or snowpile and go sledding!
- Take a frosty photo with the Princess.
Want to pair more with your adventures? Luckily we’ve categorized our annual events throughout Pocahontas County by seasons as well! If you need help find your way around the county, be sure to also check out our Map of PoCo with pinned attractions. For more information on county parks and recommend areas for certain activities, you can reach out to Pocahontas County Conservation and view their map of parks and outdoor areas.